OCRA: Dedicated to Excellence…
The Ohio Cancer Registrars Association is a non-profit professional association which provides leadership dedicated to excellence in the management of cancer data through education, communication and membership participation.
- To promote research and education in the cancer registry field.
- To enhance the level of knowledge and skills as cancer registrars through continuing education.
- To provide information to members of OCRA regarding current activities, research and trends in the cancer field.
- To promote and/or participate in seminars, workshops and symposiums to improve the quality of cancer data collection in the cancer registry.
- To seek active liaison with professional organizations which utilize data derived from cancer registries.
What is a Cancer Registrar?
Cancer Registrars are Health Information Management health care professionals who provide reliable and valuable data for the ongoing war on cancer. Registrars are professionals who are uniquely qualified to:
- Ensure health information is complete and available to authorized users.
- Code and classify data to improve overall patient care.
- Analyze information necessary for decision support.
- Protect patient privacy and provide information security.
- Enhance the quality and uses for data within health care.
- Administer health information computer systems.
- Comply with standards, regulations, and law.
- Prepare health data for accreditation surveys.
- Analyze clinical data for cancer research and public policy.