**NOTE: Many events listed on OCRA’s events page are CE opportunities (mix of free & paid)**
>> FREE continuing education opportunities <<
- Current calendar year 2020 modules with CEs credits found under “Practical Application Tests” under the “Training Menu” and include:
- Dx 2018 EOD & Summary Stage
- Dx 2018 Grade
- Dx 2018 Heme
- Dx 2018 MP/H for melanoma & other sites
- Dx 2018 Solid Tumor Rules
- Dx 2018 SSDI
Tip on generating CE certificates from SEER*Educate: “Reports Menu” -> “View Excel Reports”, expand the “CE reports” section, then the Completed Series and select the date range to generate list of each CE & the hours you earned (includes NCRA program #s). Alternatively you can select the individual categories and run individual reports.
For help, click “Help” menu (upper right corner) and expand the “Continuing Education (CE) Credits” section.
- Each webinar provides 3 hours of continuing education (CE) credits with site-specific webinars meeting the Category A requirements, this includes the boot camp and coding pitfalls webinars.
- These webinars are provided FREE OF CHARGE to Ohio Web Plus users by the Ohio Central Cancer Registry – Ohio Cancer Incidence Surveillance System (OCISS), and are mentioned in their quarterly newsletters: https://odh.ohio.gov/wps/portal/gov/odh/know-our-programs/ohio-cancer-incidence-surveillance-system/Reporting-Ohio-Cancer-Incidence-Data/
American Joint Committee on Cancer (https://himaginesolutions.com/himagine-tumor-talk-webinar/)
- Registrar Education – many free webinars & references include AJCC 8th edition staging moments, clarifications, 7th and 8th edition webinars, disease site webinars and AJCC curriculum for registrars. Many qualify for CEs.
- Short Physician Staging Webinars
- Physician – 7th and 8th edition articles, webinars and presentations
himagine Tumor Talk Webinars (https://himaginesolutions.com/himagine-tumor-talk-webinar/)
- Approximately quarterly frequency, ~1 hr long webinars on various cancer registry topics and coding tips
- As of May 2020, only the live webinars have continuing education credits
- Visit Events page for upcoming live webinars
CAnswer Forum LIVE (https://www.facs.org/quality-programs/cancer/news/canswer-forum-live)
- Hosted by the American College of Surgeons, approximately bi-monthly 60-minute webinars answering pre-submitted questions and conveys important information from the Cancer Programs about upcoming events and clarifications and updates on the standards (worth 1 CE hour each)
- Available as both live webinars and recordings
>> Paid Continuing Education (CE) Opportunities <<
NCRA’s Cancer Registry Education (http://www.cancerregistryeducation.org/ce-opportunities)
- Quizzes, online courses, learning modules, live webinars and recorded webinars ranging from $25 to $50 for NCRA members ($35 to $75 for non-members).
- Earned CEs automatically documented on CTR Re-Certification Form for NCRA Members
- Tip: look for sales announced in NCRA’s email newsletters for 50% to 75% off.
2020 Cancer Program Insights – Optimal Resources for Cancer Care (https://champsoncology.com/education/)
- Online educational session offered by CHAMPS guiding audience through new CoC standards (chapters 1-9).
- Worth 4 CEs, cost $50..