**NOTE: Many events listed on OCRA’s events page are CE opportunities (mix of free & paid)**
FREE continuing education opportunities
- Current calendar year 2020 modules with CEs credits found under “Practical Application Tests” under the “Training Menu” and include:
- Dx 2018 EOD & Summary Stage
- Dx 2018 Grade
- Dx 2018 Heme
- Dx 2018 MP/H for melanoma & other sites
- Dx 2018 Solid Tumor Rules
- Dx 2018 SSDI
NAACCR Monthly Webinars (2019-2020 schedule PDF)
- Each webinar provides 3 hours of continuing education (CE) credits with site-specific webinars meeting the Category A requirements, this includes the boot camp and coding pitfalls webinars.
- These webinars are provided FREE OF CHARGE to Ohio Web Plus users by the Ohio Central Cancer Registry – Ohio Cancer Incidence Surveillance System (OCISS), and are mentioned in their quarterly newsletters: https://odh.ohio.gov/wps/portal/gov/odh/know-our-programs/ohio-cancer-incidence-surveillance-system/Reporting-Ohio-Cancer-Incidence-Data/
CAnswer Forum LIVE (https://www.facs.org/quality-programs/cancer/news/canswer-forum-live)
- Hosted by the American College of Surgeons, approximately bi-monthly 60-minute webinars answering pre-submitted questions and conveys important information from the Cancer Programs about upcoming events and clarifications and updates on the standards (worth 1 CE hour each)
- Available as both live webinars and recordings
himagine Tumor Talk Webinars (https://himaginesolutions.com/category/registry-webinars/)
- Approximately quarterly, ~1 hr long webinars on various cancer registry topics and coding tips, available as both live webinars and on demand recordings.
- Last few webinars include:
- Tumor Talk: Colorectal Cancer (April 2020): https://himaginesolutions.com/tumor-talk-colorectal-cancer/
- Tumor Talk: More Coding Clarifications (September 2019): https://himaginesolutions.com/tumor-talk-webinar-clarifying-the-clarifications/
- Tumor Talk: Tips for Collecting Quality Data (April 2018): https://himaginesolutions.com/webinar-tumor-talk-tips-for-collecting-quality-data-q1-2018/
- Hot Abstracting Tips for 2018 & Beyond (March 2019): https://himaginesolutions.com/tumor-talk-webinar-hot-abstracting-tips-for-2018-and-beyond/
Paid Continuing Education (CE) Opportunities
NCRA’s Cancer Registry Education (http://www.cancerregistryeducation.org/ce-opportunities)
- Quizzes, online courses, learning modules, live webinars and recorded webinars ranging from $25 to $50 for NCRA members ($35 to $75 for non-members).
- Earned CEs automatically documented on CTR Re-Certification Form for NCRA Members
- Tip: look for sales announced in NCRA’s email newsletters for 50% to 75% off.