Company Name: Kettering Health Network
Position Title: Oncology Outcomes Manager – Kettering – Oncology Outcomes Management – FT/First Shift
Location: Kettering, Ohio,45429 US
Oncology Outcomes Manager – Kettering – Oncology Outcomes Management – FT/First Shift
Job ID: 2023-44763
# of Openings: 1
KH Main Campus
Kettering Health is a not-for-profit system of 13 medical centers and more than 120 outpatient facilities serving southwest Ohio. We are committed to transforming the health care experience with high-quality care for every stage of life. Our service-oriented mission is in action every day, whether it’s by providing care in our facilities, training the next generation of health care professionals, or serving others through international outreach.
The Oncology Outcomes Manager coordinates the functions and workflow of the network cancer registry and additional duties mentioned below:
- Manages staff, updates and maintains policies and procedures, and works in a proactive fashion on all productivity issues that arise.
- Oversees routine collection, editing, and review of data to provide timely, complete, and accurate case reporting to the National Cancer Data Base and the Ohio Department of Health.
- Ensures proper security, confidentiality, and appropriate release of cancer registry information.
- Provides data in response to study requests, as appropriate.
- Coordinates/oversees planning and support of the Kettering Health general cancer conferences.
- Attends state, local, and/or national meetings/conferences as required.
- Provides administrative oversight and coordination for oncology specific accreditations, such as the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer (CoC) and others as assigned.
- Reports on and monitors cancer registry specific accreditation standards on a regular basis to oncology service line leadership and the Kettering Health cancer committee.
- Works with the Ohio Department of Health to meet the legal requirements for data submission across Kettering Health (hospitals).
- Works to maintain costs and budget requirements for the cancer registry and collaborates with department director on annual budgets, business plans, and action plans.
- Bachelor’s degree in Cancer Information Management, Health Information Management, Health Administration, or a related field is required; or the equivalent of five years relevant work experience in healthcare.
Minimum Work Experience
- 5 years of cancer registry experience is required, preference given to experience in a healthcare system or network cancer registry structure (multihospital database).
- Health Technologist and Technician
- Current certification as a Certified Tumor Registrar (CTR) from the National Cancer Registrars Association is required.
- Tumor Registry leadership experience
- Additional certification from the American Health Information Management Association as a Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) or Administrator (RHIA) is preferred.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/8MBPOAuD2ROrRcxP5SwbeJ