**NOTE** This is an 100% remote position, out-of-state applicants welcome.
Provides basic cancer statistics and graphs and supports the research prevention and control initiatives according to the Virginia Department of Health the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer standards and the organizational priorities of the University of Virginia Health System.
- Abstracts clinical documentation on newly diagnosed/treated cancer patients.
- Assists with Cancer Committee Planning and Follow Up.
- Completes studies as requested by physicians and researchers.
- Performs additional duties within the Cancer Registry area as assigned by management.
- In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
Benefits Summary Brochure: PDF HERE
Education: High School Graduate or Equivalent required. Associate’s Degree in Allied Health Preferred.
Experience: 2 years’ relevant experience preferred.
License: Certified Tumor Registrar through the National Cancer Registrars Association (NCRA) required.
This is primarily a sedentary job involving extensive use of desktop computers. The job does occasionally require traveling some distance to attend meetings, and programs.